Tuesday, May 18, 2010

B& W study from photo


This study was done recently from a photo I took last year at Perrot State Park on the Mississippi north of LaCrosse. The other pastel (with 2 gulls) was painted last week in Door Co. the morning after I painted the scene on site at Rowley's Bay in the evening. It was too cold and windy that morning to go back and paint it again like I wanted to do so I painted if from the sketch and a photo I took the evening befrore. I bought a 9 x 12 inch digital picture frame for that purpose as weather in Door Co. can be pretty tough to paint outdoors in and it was a great way to get more information immediately from my own photos without having to use a laptop (the last thing I want on vacation is a computer).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.