Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Goodby Week 1, Hello (Fresh) Starts



Whew, only 4 out of 7 actually attempted; I guess one of the things that I have learned this week is that 7 may be ambitious, what with weather, life, being old and tired, a MOTB and other various assorted ailments and interruptions. Still and all, I learned that I get overwhelmed by things such as sky holes, shadow edges and leaves, and stop looking and start dinking around overmuch. Also forgotten is the idea/need for simplicity at the start, the simple shapes at the outset. I also only have about 1-1/2 hour at a time in me before I fade. Adding these to Marc's recommendations, here are my goals for the coming week:
1. Paint out at least 4x (= a minimum of 4 bws); keep it shorter rather than longer per episode.
2. Follow Marc's 4 per panel method, emphasizing those simple shaped starts.
3. Slow down and really look at those complexities of the landscape, and decide when and if they are necessary ---to the concept?
OK, so now I'm accountable. Have a good week, y'all.

3 comments:

  1. My bw/color output will be slimmer this week. Other commitments. I'll be watching and posting when I can. I did try Marc's 4 panel method and thought that was a very good exercise. Simplification is key. That concept might be the hardest for me to practice but I'm getting it. (I tend to paint every leaf, too.) I'm looking forward to seeing your 4 bws this week. The one above is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Janet! -- Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Janet! It is wonderful. Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.