Monday, June 15, 2009

Better Late Than Never




Hi everyone! I have been busy painting since leaving the St. Croix area and finally got around to figuring out how to blog. Unlike Jan I'm a total idiot when it comes to online social networking! I absolutely love doing B&W studies and truly understand its merits now. I still have a lot to learn but I am getting it. I don't have photos of my B&Ws but I thought I would share the color stuff I've been doing. The two beach paintings were done two weekends ago in Onekama MI and the other was done near the Sugar River in WI this weekend with Jan. BTW the painting with the buried roof is called the Monkey House and it's still a work in progress.

I hope all of you are well and enjoying your summer.

All the best, Diane

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diane, good to see that you have been painting. Just a reminder for others to click to enlarge the images. There is wonderful detail and brushwork in these, especially the sky, trees and beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane - your paintings are just beautiful. I really like how you paint what is essential and not every leaf; that is something I really struggle with. And I'm very glad you got the blogging figured out. I only spent a total of about 3 hours cursing and swearing before I figured it out myself. I thought your paintings at the gallery in Paoli were really wonderful. I esp. liked the landscape that was mostly sky that I am guessing was done with a pallette knife; that was just gorgeous. That's such a nice gallery; congratulations on your show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gin and Pat,

    Thank you for your kind comments. Receiving such positive feedback was greatly appreciated and motivation to keep plugging away. I'll be painting in Trempealeau, WI this weekend and plan to do several more Mississippi River scenes. Wish me luck!

    Fondly,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.