Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30, 2009







Diane painted these two and after standing in the wind and sun for several hours is too tired to blog.



Sugar River Road, Verona--about 2 miles from my house. A wonderful, sunny afternoon with peeper frogs croaking, redwing blackbirds singing and the cumulus clouds puffing by. I set out to just paint a tree and painted this little scene. Many trees, not just one.


So, I painted this scene to paint just one tree--came closer this time. Can see the issues--the horizon should be lighter--it was bright and sunny.

4 comments:

  1. Jan and Diane, your paintings are just great. Now I see how to put more than one picture in at a time. I really and impressed by how much information you got in those landscapes without color. All of them are really stunning and esp. the single tree by Jan, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job you two. They're all very strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your earlier comment about how you started at 6:15 and hardly noticed the time flying by! You guys were "in the zone" and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan & Diane, I love your close-up trees. Very nice, loose brush strokes.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.